Monday, May 6, 2013

Session 2 for Service Project

Any chance I get, I encourage Madison to find the answers to question she may have on any topic, on her own.  She has her own iPad so she enjoys having that independence.  As I did my own research on the topic, I look for websites that were geared toward children.  I found websites that had graphics that would be more appealing to children.  I decided to have each child pick which insect the would like to research since we would be learning about life cycles of insects.  The Second Grade Scientists were eager to watch on as the first child started the research.  I had each child use a different search engine for research.  Each child was in full control of the computer, I merely guided through them through to the location.  As they navigated to different website I had them choose one they found most helpful to them.  I explained to them that I would be making a Works cited page to save the websites they found useful to show others.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool it sounds like the students had fun researching the life cycles. The part that I like the most is that you gave them a choice on the insect that they wanted to research.

    ReplyDelete